Dental Veneers Cranebrook
Do you have visible cracks in your teeth? Are they misshapen or worn down from grinding them in your sleep? Perhaps they are badly stained or chipped? If you lack confidence in the appearance of your smile, a solution is available in the form of veneers.
At Cranebrook Dental, we offer quality cosmetic and restorative dentistry to Cranebrook, Penrith and surrounds. Call today and make an appointment to see how we can improve your smile and oral health.
What Are Veneers?
What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
Dental veneers are effective at correcting many types of problems with teeth, particularly cosmetic issues.
Veneers are ideal for fixing:
What to Expect During a Dental Veneer Procedure
A dental veneer procedure is relatively quick compared with other cosmetic or restorative dentistry procedures. Unlike dental implants or crowns which can take multiple visits over a period of months, veneers can be finished in a few visits just days or weeks apart.
- Book a consultation with your dentist to get as much information as possible. Your dentist will discuss possible complications and let you know what veneers can achieve for your smile. X-rays and moulds are also done to aid in the preparation of the veneers.
- On your second visit, a local anesthetic will be applied and the tooth ground down in preparation for the application of a temporary veneer. Often the tooth will be significantly ground down past the enamel, this is irreversible and means you will require a veneer or crown for the life of the tooth.
- Your third visit for final veneer placement involves the veneers being shaped and adjusted before being cemented into place. This can take many hours and involves a deep and thorough clean of the tooth or teeth This helps to eliminate the risk of decay occurring between the tooth and veneer.
- At the second to last step, ultraviolet light is applied to harden and bind the adhesive between your tooth and the veneer.
- The tooth is cleaned of any residual dentistry cement and minor adjustments made to ensure the comfort of your bite and that they look great.
Most patients experience some tooth sensitivity in the two weeks following treatment. You may also experience some tenderness in the gums as they change to accommodate the veneers. Veneers can feel a little foreign in your mouth at first. Expect a period of adjustment while you get used to your new smile.
Should you experience excessive pain and discomfort, contact your dentist immediately. This could indicate an issue with the health of the tooth.
Quality Dentistry with Cranebrook Dental
Don't close your mouth in pictures or avoid smiling. If you live in Cranebrook, Penrith or surrounds and dental veneers are high on your wishlist, call Cranebrook Dental today. We offer a range of dentistry services at affordable prices. So you can improve your confidence and enjoy a great smile, without sacrificing on quality.
Don’t Live In Cranebrook? We Also Welcome Patients From the Following Surrounding Areas
Our care for our patients extends beyond our immediate area, this is why our Cranebrook dental practice also offers general dentistry and related dental services to other nearby areas such as: